Chart the Future of Individualized Neurotherapeutics
Join our passionate team of physicians, neuroscientists, engineers and entrepreneurs. We are building the fully integrated, end-to-end advanced brain mapping solution.
Join us to empower the next generation of neurotherapeutics and precision-targeted interventions
Who You Are
You have pursued an academic research career and completed your PhD, but now want to apply your scientific skills to develop state-of-the-art medical technology that will impact the future of medical care.
What You Will Do
Turing Medical is seeking to recruit a Research Scientist to join our R&D Team, developing cutting edge structural and functional Brain Mapping tools to aid neurosurgery. These tools seek to improve patient outcomes in a variety of common neurosurgical procedures. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and shape these tools, directly impacting patient outcomes in clinical practice. Specifically, this role will involve:
- Developing image processing and data analysis pipelines, especially for diffusion MRI and tractography, functional connectivity, and anatomical imaging.
- Developing computational methods for diffusion tractography and functional connectivity with the aim of achieving technical objectives, such as identifying precise treatment locations or developing predictive biomarkers
This position involves working with the Research & Development team that includes experts in the fields of diffusion imaging and functional imaging, as well as our product management and clinical research team.
What You Will Need
- A doctoral degree in a relevant discipline, such as neuroscience or engineering; post-doctoral training is desirable.
- Excellent scientific communication skills in English, both in terms of writing scientific papers and presenting research work
- Complete fluency and expertise in production python, R, or MATLAB (with python preferred). This includes coding style adherence, cod reviews, integration testing, unit testing. Ideally, candidate is familiar with the common python stack, including, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib, Pandas, and Scikit-learn.
- Hands-on experience in data analysis and method development, including BIDS, niprep style software (e.g., fMRIPrep or QSIPrep), and image/signal analysis for diffusion and functional MRI processing.
- Expertise in using neuroimaging software (e.g., DSI Studio, ANTs, AFNI, workbench).
- Experience in collaborating with multi-disciplinary academic research groups, hospitals, and industrial partners.